Teachers College at Columbia University is hosting a bullying- and education-focused summit on Monday, January 14th. The summit, Beyond Bullying: Safe Schools, Successful Students, will include talks by top researchers in the field and address how bullying affects the emotional well-being of students and their academic performance, as well as how teachers and other school personnel can take proactive measures to ensure schools are safe for all students.
The following information is taken directly from the Beyond Bullying site, which you can get to directly by clicking here.
Top 3 Reasons to Attend [the Beyond Bullying Summit]:
1. Learn about the latest research on bullying prevention,
social-emotional learning, and character development from some
of the nation’s foremost experts and thought leaders.
2. Network with teachers, administrators, school counselors,
psychologists, and members of leading education organizations.
3. Begin evoking change in your school or district by incorporating
the Summit findings and recommendations into your curriculum.
If you are interested in attending, here’s what you can do:
-Find the summit agenda here.
-Register for the event (registration is only $30!) by clicking here.
- If you do decide to go, please let us know. I’d love to hear your feedback.
- Many thanks to Emily for letting me know about this event! :)