Creating A Culture of Kindness – Students Take Action
A Safe Schools Climate Conference
The Connecticut Association of Schools and Lincoln Middle School is holding a conference on May 10, 2012 with the theme of student led clubs and initiatives focusing on safe school climate and bullying prevention. We have planned for a keynote speaker to address “Creating a Culture of Kindness”, student, school and community showcases and exhibits, break-out sessions with a focus on safe schools and bullying prevention, a student recognition ceremony and closing remarks.
• Students and their parents, Teachers and Administrators
• Students from across the state who have clubs or initiatives in place that focus on School Climate or Bullying Prevention.
• Parents and community members interested in learning about methods to improve community/school climate
• Student Exhibition in Times Square demonstrating what is currently happening in their schools
• Organization Expo in Times square – community/gov organizations provide info for parents/students/community members
• Keynote Speaker: Dr. Kari Sassu – Southern Connecticut State university
• Presenters: Logan West- Former Miss Connecticut, Michelle Pincince
• Student Recognition Ceremony
• Closing Remarks
• Date: May 10, 2012
• Time: 6:00-8:30pm
• Location: Lincoln Middle School, 164 Centennial Ave, Meriden, CT 06451 (203) 238-2381
To Register Please go to the CAS Website: https://www.casciac.org/scripts/register.cgi
Sent in by Laura from Connecticut. Click here to find out how to register. Thanks, Laura! :)
Click below to see the flyer!